The European Studies Section (ESS) represents librarians and others who are professionally involved in the acquisition, organization, and use of information sources originating in or related to European countries. ESS is instrumental in promoting cooperation between libraries and scholars in European fields and publishers and book dealers in Europe.
Our aim is to promote the improvement of library services supporting study and research in European affairs from ancient times to the present.
- Promote the improvement of library services supporting study and research in European affairs from ancient times to the present.
- Serve the field by providing a stimulating forum for discussion and opportunities for enrichment in European Studies.
- Collaborate with other groups in ALA, as well as publishers, book dealers, scholars, and those interested in European Studies.
- Lead in the creation of digital and other initiatives promoting transnational study.
- Foster collaborative projects and further research opportunities for librarians and other professionals.